KRATOS means “Power, Strength”. KRATOS is much more than the Children is Care Council. KRATOS’ Members, whose ages range from 14 to 23 years of age, meet twice a month and are supported by a Participation and Consultation Officer who is an integrated part of the Virtual School.
Many of the members of the Children in Care Council have found belonging to this group an excellent way to make lasting friendships which have supported them long after they have left care.
As a member you can:
- Become a young advisor/peer mentor for children and young people
- Build new friendships
- Take part in fun and positive activities
- Make positive changes in how we work with young people in the Leaving Care Team
- Inspect children’s services
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new social workers and foster carers
- Access training on relevant areas like Subs misuse, Wellbeing, County Lines or Exploitation.