KRATOS means “Power, Strength”. KRATOS is much more than the Children is Care Council.
Many of the members of the Children in Care Council have found belonging to this group an excellent way to make lasting friendships which have supported them long after they have left care.
As a member you can:
- Become a young advisor/peer mentor for children and young people
- Build new friendships
- Take part in fun and positive activities
- Make positive changes in how we work with young people in the Care Leavers Service
- Inspect children’s services
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new social workers and foster carers
- Access training on relevant areas like Substance misuse, Wellbeing, County Lines or Exploitation.
- Attend cross London Children in Care Council meetings and contribute to the ongoing dialogue around corporate parenting both locally and nationally.
KRATOS’ Members, whose ages range from 14 to 23 years of age, will be supported by a dedicated participation consultation officer who is an integrated part of the Virtual School.
KRATOS plans to soon begin hosting monthly sessions to support care leavers in areas such as money management, cooking, budgeting and health. This group gives feedback about services and participates in consultations on a wide range of issues.
In the past we have asked members to sit on the interview panel for people applying to work in Children’s Services. These participation opportunities make sure that the views of children and young people, both in and leaving care, help shape the strategies and services that affect them.
If you would like to become a member click here to send out an expression of interest or contact.