Goal 1: Stay Healthy

Enfield’s Looked After Children Health Service promotes the health and wellbeing of children and young people in care. We have specialist nurses who focus on Enfield’s looked after children and young people and provide annual medical assessments until your 18th birthday to make sure that all your health needs are identified and met. A Health Passport has been designed, with the help of the Children in Care Council, to record your health-related information and contacts in one easy to reference location. This will be given to you when you leave care so that you have a copy of your health history to use whenever you need it. The Passport also includes contact details for services you may find helpful in the future. If you have specific health needs then, once you have left care, your Personal Advisor or Social Worker will give you support and advice on how to access the necessary health services for any ongoing health issues.


Enfield has a dedicated clinical therapeutic service (HEART CAMHS) for looked after young people up to the age of 21. They are also able to offer planning advice on transition to adult mental health services and/or other suitable services for those young people involved with CAMHS therapy who need ongoing support post 18.


Will work with you and work out joint intervention plans if you are misusing substances or you are vulnerable to it. You can speak to your Social Worker or Personal Advisor to book an appointment or self-refer by calling TEL 0208 360 9102 (COMPASS-SORT IT!) or 020 8379 6010 (ENABLE).


If you were not involved with HEART CAMHS before your 18th birthday but you need support with your emotional wellbeing, then your Personal Advisor can advise you how to access community services through your GP or the local voluntary sector.

If you have more significant health or emotional wellbeing problems, and need ongoing support from a specialist team, you may qualify to receive this from the Council’s Adult Services when you turn 18. If this is the case, you will be supported through this transition to adult services by your leaving care worker who will continue to work alongside you and adult services until you reach at least 21 years old, or until you are 25 years old if you request this.


Physical activity and access to appropriate leisure opportunities is a key factor in the prevention of number of long-term health conditions.

Enfield KRATOS and Enfield YOUTH Service (16-19) organise free activities for Care Leavers throughout the year, including free gym sessions. You can ask your Social Worker or PA for more information on how to access these.

Enfield Leaving Care Team proudly works in partnership with Tottenham Hotspurs Foundation whose Health & Wellbeing Team develops ongoing programs that improve physical health and mental wellbeing for people living in our local community. You can self-refer or ask for support from your Social Worker or Personal Advisor to access this Service.

Emergency ServicesContact Details
Fire, Ambulance, Police and Coast guard: for emergency assistance only999
Local Police Station: for non-emergency calls to speak to your local neighborhood team101
Alternative number for the POLICE: mobile phone/pay phone number to contact police whether you have112
NHS- for medical help that is not an emergency providing information and reassurance about what to do111
Sexual Health SupportContact Details
Enfield Clinic Health Organisations (ECHO) offers specialised and confidential sexual health support.Tel: 020 8887 4510 www.echoclinics.nhs.uk
SHOUT 4YP (STI) nursing team can give you advice and information on contraception and help you make healthy choices to reduce the risk of unplannedAngela: 07943510643 Colette: 07943510641 Evelyn: 07484543904
Enfield C-CARD scheme: If you are aged under 25 you are entitled to free condoms through the c-card sIfchyeoumear.e 16 or over you can register and get free cwownwdo.cmosmveiacorrect.org.uk and collect your card and condoms at these outlets.www.comecorrect. org.uk
Emotional WellbeingContact Details
Child and Adolescents Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Services to support children and Care Leavers until age 18 with their social, emotional and mental wellbeingTel: 020 8379 2000 www.enfield.gov.uk
IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) confidential talking therapies to people age 16 and over experiencing common low level mood and anxiety disorders. You can call them directly yourself or your GP or Personal Advisor can also refer you with your agreement.Tel: 020 8342 3012 www.lets-talk-iapt.nhs.uk
Samaritans 24-hour telephone helpline offering emotional support to people experiencing distress or despair.Tel: 116123 www.samaritans.org
Relate Counselling Services- support for people experiencing problems in their relationship, help to understand their partner better as well as family mediation.www.relate.org.uk/london-north-east
Support in Crisis-Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHT) Multi skilled Team of mental health professionals providing intensive care and support in following a mental health crisis.Tel: 020 8702 3800 www.beh-mht.nhs.uk
MIND provides advice and support to anyone experiencing a mental health problem03001233393 or text 86463 www.mind.org.uk
YOUTH ACCESS provide information and advice on counselling Services for young people under 25www.youthaccess.org.uk
YOUNG MINDS exist so that young people have the strongest possible voice in improving their mental health.Find out more at www.youngminds.org.uk
KOOTH provides Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people. XenZone is a provider of online mental health services for children, young people and adults. Kooth, from XenZone, is an online counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people, accessible through mobile, tablet and desktop and free at the point of use.www.kooth.com
Drugs and Alcohol SupportContact Details
Enfield Drug and Alcohol Support Service from COMPASS SORT IT in Enfield for anyone age 18 or under who are affected by their own or another person’s substance misuse.Tel: 020 8360 9102 Sort-itenfield@compass-org.uk www.compass-uk.org
ENABLE provides specialist treatment across two sites to anyone over the age of 18 living in Enfield who is worried about their alcohol or drug use.Tel: 020 8379 6010 beh-tr.enable@nhs.net www.beh-mht.nhs.uk/services/enable- enfield-alcohol-and-drug-service.htm
FRANK A free service providing advice to people of all ages about drugs; can provide information about local support services.Tel: 0800 77 66 00 www.talktofrank.com
Contact your GP/Doctor as they can offer you support and refer you to any treatment required.